Images and Photographs in Blackwood
Thoughts on Images / Graphics (useful sources for finding photos & lineart)
- products --> catalogs.
- locations --> stores, landscapes, streets (all without people).
- people --> archive photos, catalog (mannequins), family photos.
Product People Images
The "product people" were given these instructions
- Create a transparent GIF of your product.
- - use the Sears catalog or emulate the line drawing
style - improvise something
- - scale: 30 pixels == 1 foot
- name it with a DOS name (eight.dot.three), ALL LOWER CASE
with a '.gif' file extension
- upload to the blackwood directory of the www.cs server
FTP instructions are below
- Create a transparent GIF of a human figure.
- - Same scale as above (6 foot human == 180 pixels)
- - These may be anything you
choose (as long as it's period-authentic).
For example, a farmer cut out of an old family
photo, a drawing of your own, a figure scanned in
from the Sears catalog, yourself! from one of
those picture portrait gallery arcades, or doctored
with your new photoshop skills.
- - the PERFECT thing would be an image identifiable
with your consumer group: a blacksmith, tailor, etc.
- - These do NOT need to be in the Sears line drawing
style, but they can be.
Street People Images
The "street people" were given these instructions.
- Obviously, a street scene
- A default image for each of your hoods
- same format as above except JPEG (.jpg)
- upload as above (procedure described below)
Major Note: these MUST be unencumbered images, either of
your own making or copyright-free, or used with
Instructions Common to both Product People and Street People
- Assign the proper string to the .image_url property of
the objects. Street people, room objects,
Product people, products or consumer groups
For example, if I upload 'mrshldln.gif' for the image
of Marshall_Dillon, then I make the following
> look me
Marshall Matt Dillon is a wizard and a giant of a man:
tall and rangy with broad shoulders and rugged good looks.
He is carrying a six-gun in a low-slung holster
he wears spurs on his boots
and pinned on his chest is the silver star of a
Marshall Dillon is the law in Blackwood - what he says, goes
S/He is awake and looks alert.
=> #2 (Marshall_Dillon)
> ;#2.image_url = "mrshldln.gif"